Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Potty Humor

My niece Kendall and I spent one day during her visit hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains.  On our way up the mountain, we stopped at a uh...we'll call it "quaint" antique/convenience store.  I actually think the only items in the store that were younger than Kendall consisted of food products although that's debatable.  We decided it would be a good idea to use the ladies before heading up the mountain.  It was a decision we would almost immediately regret.  In hindsight, I should have taken more photos of the bathroom and the surrounding area but it was just too awful to linger. 

We did, however, manage to get a shot of the most offensive item....the old fashioned roller towel hand dryer!!  I honest to goodness haven't seen one of these things since I was 10 years old.  I thought for sure they didn't make them anymore!  But there it was...staring at me like I was back in the 80s.  To give the proprietor some credit, it didn't look dirty.  Having said that, we still didn't use the dang thing...preferring to air dry than be THAT adventurous. 

In most cases, I am happy to relive my youth but I would prefer this particular device stay locked up in a museum with 70s/80s era artifacts.  I don't care how "green" you are, this is simply unnecessary. 

The really weird thing is that it was the newest thing in the bathroom.  Look at the flippin' wall for goodness sake! Disgusting!
These pictures are from websites that STILL SELL THESE THINGS!!!!! I'm serious!  You can get one for your very own restaurant or convenience store but if you do, I'd keep a mop outside the bathroom door because no self respecting person would use the dang thing and you'd have a sloppy mess where people were wringing their hands outside the bathroom.                       



 It's a bit frightening that they chose blue for the color of the cloth, no?  I mean, I understand why.  White shows more dirt but er....at least you know what you're getting into with white.  ugh.




www.weightwash.co.uk/products.htm
This website described its roller towel as "lovely".  How sweet.

No comments: