Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Don't give them any lip!

...or chin...or cheek...

I have no idea why this bothers me as much as it does but every time I go to get my eyebrows waxed (which, btw has become standard practice for me ever since I saw my wedding photos...yikes), the lady always asks, "You want mustache wax too?"  Now look, I'll admit it took me a long time to notice my eyebrows were a wee unruly.  I should have gotten a clue when my best gal pal ASKED if she could pluck them in college but I just thought she wanted to have a little makeover night.  So anyway, it's entirely possible that I'm overlooking some minor excess lip hair but I have polled the most important judge of such things and he says I don't have a manstache.  If the hubby is ok with my lip fuzz then why can't the nail salon people just let me be!?!? 

I'm sure some will say it's their job to upsell but I have actually sensed a judgmental edge to their little voices when I've said no.  At minimum, I get a "You sure??"  Am I the only one with this problem?  Does anyone else get the 'tsk tsk' treatment when they decline lip/chin waxes?  Just curious...

I have made the executive decision that no hairs will be waxed from my face unless they bear a color other than blond i.e. if you can see it from a 2 feet out, it's going the way of the Dodo bird.

On a related note, has anyone seen Just Go With It?  The eyebrow lady in that movie...freakin' hilarious!!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

LOL yeah I've seen that movie and it's soooooo FUNNY! I love Adam! There just trying to make more money!!! Don't wax the peach fuzz because then who knows what'll happen! What if it started turning into a beard. Well that's what I was always told as a kid....LOL!!

Lindsey said...

yeah, i think i remember my cousin donna saying if i shaved my legs the hair would grow back black. lol hope your back is feeling better. miss you!