2. My freckles are combining to form one, large superfreckle.
3. I will never experiment with dark hair colors - gray is only well concealed by blonde. Sorry my brunette friends. It's a fact.
4. Vodka is (still) not my friend and more importantly, I am finally realizing she never really was. Bitch.
5. I rarely stay up past 11 or sleep in later than 7.
6. I floss....more than once a day and without anyone telling me to.
7. I unashamedly buy prunes at the grocery store and actually like the way they taste.
|If you buy this bag, you can trick yourself into thinking you're eating "plums" and not prunes. Let's not get all attentiony to detailsy ok? I know they're the same.|
8. My idea of a fun birthday is going to a midget restaurant and going to bed early enough that I can still make the Saturday morning market at 0730. (Seriously, that's what we're doing tonight. Going to the "Hobbit House" - please try to tell me you're not jealous. LIAR!)
9. My coffee maker cost more than most people's yearly salary in the Philippines.
10. I still spend hours at the gym but I have realized life is too short not to have a piece of cake every once in a while.
11. On the rare occasion I am spotted at "the club", I am usually trying to locate an empty barstool because...#12.
12. I can't wear pointy shoes anymore....or let's be honest, ANY heels for more than 2 hours. Screw you heredity and bad decisions!! Screw you!
13. People are FINALLY doing the math. She's 35? Yeah...maybe she's really NOT having kids.
14. I think I'm in a different census bracket.
15. My oldest nephew is in college....and has been for a while now. This must hurt my sister worse than it does me. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
16. The outside of the card that my husband gave me this morning says, "To the 35 year old woman who lives with me." WTF?!?! I shudder to think what it says on the inside. Then again, it's atop a Hermes bag so how bad could it be??
17. OMG 17! I don't even remember you anymore!
18. I no longer tight roll my jeans although I did give into the skinny jeans trend some time ago. I am ashamed....(yes, I know that tight rolling was not a 2003 kinda thing but a 35-item-long list is tough ok??)
19. My toes are perpetually polished....and almost always by someone else! BAM! I found a 35 year old perk.
20. I cook. Like....a lot. Real meals and shit.
21. I barely remember what it's like to live in Texas but I will never stop being a Texan!
22. I haven't cried at the sound of a Matchbox Twenty song in over 10 years but I still sing along (er...yell) with P!nk. That bitch speaks the truf!
23. I no longer consider tight jeans and a halfsy top wardrobe staples. That is HALF true.
24. I am a responsible and dedicated pet owner. Consider this an open apology to Harley, Chevy and Rufus - who I loved but didn't really know how to take care of.
25. There it is - 25. TEN EFFING YEARS AGO?!?! What the hell happened? Well, everything, thank god.
26. In six months, I will have been away from "home" for 10 years.
27. I looooooooove grocery shopping. I liked it in my mid-20s but I couldn't afford anything so, as you can imagine, not so fun. Now I could (happily) spend a whole day at Wegmans or Harris Teeter or Kroger or Target Superstore. Sigh...I miss 'Murrica.
28. I am a wife...and a pretty good one most days.
29. I regularly plan for retirement and can visualize the library I will build in our dream home....on a lake...surrounded by animals...and family...and....you get the idea.
|That picture is like porn to me.|
30. I don't thoughtlessly destroy furniture on creative whims. Hello decoupage!
31. I covet...and can actually afford a full set of Le Creuset cookware.
32. I have transitioned into quality vs. quantity. At least, in my mind I have. Hard.to.let.go.
33. I am pretty good at keeping plants alive. When I first started dating Z, he had me watch his cactus "Clint" when he went out of town. I left Clint on the patio - in the winter - in Virginia. Whoops.
34. I realize I still have a lot of growing up to do but I try to be a better person every day because even though I hope I have a lot of livin' to do, you just never know.
35. I am happy. For real....really happy.
How has your life changed in the last 10 years? Hey FB friends and family...feel free to respond on my actual blog. I can ask you to do this because, dammit, it's my birthday! :)