20. The year of the tongue
Miley's tongue made so many appearances that three guys created a website called Miley Cyrus' Infinite Tongue. Check it out - it goes on forever...literally.
19. NFL Bad Lip Reading: One of the funniest viral videos I've seen in a long time.
-"I found Fido. Hey I found Fido you guys!"
-"oooh I'm white"
-"I brought a potion and it's gonna work great cause it's gonna make you run. And you brought your potion right?"
18. "Who am I to judge?" - Pope Francis turns out to have a conscience and the courage to use his voice. That's not to say Catholicism (and religion in general) don't have a long way to go in terms of tolerance but hey, it's something.
17. The Boston Bombing - like I said, "memorable" does not necessarily mean "good".
16. Iraq: The story that disappeared from the headlines. Almost a thousand Iraqis died in December 2013. Nearly 10000 died the past year (the most since 2008). What was broken remains broken and the country appears permanently shattered by inter-ethnic persecution and violence.
15. YOLO, Twerk, Cray cray, Poppin tags, Selfies = I'm too old for this shit.
14. "We are the not dead" - Fascinating Gallery of soldiers before, during, and after war
11. Naked Frisbee Guy: While our husbands were out on their Thai fishing trip, my friend Lorren and I decided to go on a nice peaceful walk on the beach. When what to our wandering eyes should appear but an elderly naked Frisbee player with his fully dressed Thai female companion -- and their dog. Though the "family" saw us approach from several yards away, he never fully covered up. He was, however, polite enough to cover his man parts when we were within a few feet....with the Frisbee.
10. Justin Bieber's poor judgment is not limited to late night antics. Unfortunately for all of us, it bleeds over into his wardrobe....
|Character from Mario Brothers or a hat? You decide.|
8. Cassie becomes an extremely well-traveled wiener dog when her humans move to the Philippines
4. Russian Meteor aka Go Go Gadget Social Media: How cool was it to see all the different videos and pictures of this asteroid raining down on Russia like a boss!?
3. Mandela brings the world together, one last time. R.I.P 5 December 2013
1. We move our whole life and our pup about a million miles away from most of our family and friends. In May 2013, Z and I started a brand new adventure and while Manila certainly has had its ups and downs, it's always better to go through a big change like this with someone you love. As always, one of the most important rules of life remained true in 2013 - home IS where your heart is. My heart is spread out to many different places but my home? My home is always where Z is and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank goodness the feeling is mutual. Otherwise....awkward.
Happy 2014 everyone! Hug the ones you love and send shout outs to those you'll have to hug later. Much love! Z, L, and Cassie the wunder wiener.