Monday, August 12, 2013

GOODIES!

I am not quite ready to share the photos from the Hobbit House but I promise they are coming soon.  We didn't take NEARLY enough and the night is a bit of a blur so I'm sure my post about it will fall far short of actual events but I will give it my best shot.  Right now, it's still too raw...too soon.  My liver is still in recovery and I'm not sure I'm ready to see the pictures with empty beer bottles in the background. 

Sooooo...I though I'd share some pics of my loot!  Even in far away land, I am so very lucky to have family and friends who go the extra mile to make me smile.  Ugh - that rhymed and I'm not even gonna erase it.  

This is the first thing I saw when I walked out of the bedroom on my birthday morning.  The familiar orange bag ALMOST distracted me from the card that read, "For the 35 year old woman in my life." Almost....

The cutest little boxes you could ever hope to find on a Friday morning :)

My very own Twilly AND Hermes bracelet.  Ok ok - I have totally forgotten the "35 year old woman" comment by now.
Working up quite the collection of little orange and black boxes.  I love this man!
And then, even though I had given her the day off (9 Aug is a Filipino holiday), Z had accidentally asked our helper Nieva to stop and get me flowers on her way to work.  Needless to say, she was a bit confused by our opposite requests but she dutifully arrived, right on time, with the fattest, most beautiful yellow and red roses I've ever seen!  Z had forgotten it was a holiday but she was so sweet about it.  After pleading with her for about 30 min, she finally went home and enjoyed her day off (but only after doing the dishes and making the bed....I think I still love her.)
LOOT LOOT LOOT!  Look at all the goodies I got in the mail from the fam.  Aren't they just the sweetest?!?  And ok - maybe you're seeing some stuff from the Hobbit House on the left.  You KNOW I couldn't leave without a t-shirt.  My FitBit from pops-in-law is not pictured because it was on my arm and my sister's thoughtful gift is pictured below, already in its new home.

Not a great picture of it - I was still in Hobbit recovery so a little shaky.  But, what a sweetheart my big sis is.  She made me a little scrapbook book of our escapades to set up mom's surprise party.  I love it, of course!

Thanks to everyone for helping remind me that getting a year older isn't so bad when you have such wonderful people in your life.  Love you all!

No comments: