Monday, July 1, 2013

Six Years

Dear Z:

It's no silver or gold anniversary.  In fact, I think when I looked it up, the customary gifts for six years of marriage include iron and candy.  At first, I thought that was a little silly and then I got to thinking about it.  Candy is sweet and iron is strong -- and that's pretty much what love should be right?  Not so silly afterall.  Unfortunately, I don't have any sweets to give you a toothache and the only iron I can offer is the ball and chain around your ankle <wink>.

But I did run across a few thoughtful quotes that made me think of you.....and us.

Happy Anniversary sunflower eyes! (and don't hate me for putting this on my blog!)

xoxoxox
-L

"Happiness - Only real when shared." John Krakauer, Into the Wild

“Aim high, but do not aim so high that you totally miss the target. What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy.” - Gordon B. Hinckley (feel free to change all the "he"s to "she"s there)

“A good marriage is where both people feel like they're getting the better end of the deal.” - Anne Lamott, Joe Jones

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times, hard to handle.  But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”  - Lao Tzu

"Come live in my heart, and pay no rent." - Samuel Lover

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn

"Fortune and love favor the brave." - Ovid

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.  It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person." - W. Somerset Maugham

"Love doesn't make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"There is no remedy for love but to love more." - Henry David Thoreau











No comments: